The Election Results Are In

The public vote was clear: sex!!! tonight!!!

Luckily for my bajingo and my still-sore lower abdomen, this is a benevolent dictatorship and not a democracy. It is not going to happen tonight.

I have had, ahem, other indicators (CP and CM, if you know what those mean; if you don’t, just trust me on this) that indicate that I have ovulated. All of the OPKs I have taken since the positive test have been negative. I am hoping this is just a wonky temperature delay. Women usually ovulate 12-36 hours after a positive OPK, but it can take a little longer. Temperature shifts usually happen within 24-hours of ovulation but can go a little longer. In other words, there is a slim chance I am still in the game this cycle.

My fear is that sex will aggravate the UTI (I have not yet been on the medicine for 24 hours) and then have to go on a longer course of antibiotics that really messes up my system. Three days scares me; any longer and I might as well just resign myself to the colitis flare. If my colitis flares, I can not try and get pregnant until it is back in remission, which can take months.

Mr. MC also thinks waiting is probably the best idea.

Damn the both of us for being so practical.

How sad is it that I can not wait to go to bed tonight so that I can take my temperature at 7AM tomorrow?

Loser Update: I went through all of my charts and looked to see how long it took my temperature to rise after a positive OPK in past months. It ranged from two days to four days, so this delay is actually not unusual for me. The two times I got pregnant it took my temperature four days to rise, and those are the cycles where I know without a doubt that I ovulated. Not that this means anything.

Even Bigger Loser Update: I looked through a lot of Fertility Friend charts and while certainly not the norm, there are plenty of women who achieved pregnancy with a delayed temperature shift after a positive OPK.


August 21, 2007. Trying Again.


  1. Ashley Bass replied:

    Hah! I know the feeling! I use to get home at 5:30 and be ready to go straight to bed. I would wake up during the night and hope it was 5 a.m. so I could temp. Esspecially during the two week wait…I wanted to sleep it away.

  2. We Care replied:

    Why not just sterilize a turkey baster? No further risk to UTI.

  3. Ashley Bass replied:

    I am excited to know if your temp went up! Hurry up and post! :]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: